We researched 30+ regulated forex brokers that offer MT4 platform to South African traders. Here's our rating based on 8+ factors.
Any broker, be it one dealing in Forex or in any other instrument, offers a platform to trade on. MetaTrader 4 (MT4) is one such well-known trading platform which is quite popular among forex traders.
Today, MT4 is the most used forex trading platforms, with almost 40% of global retail FX trading volume on MT4 brokers. Most forex brokers offer Metatrader to its clients, but not all brokers have the same trading fees, support, safety features.
We researched the popular regulated forex brokers in South Africa that offer MT4 platform with good trading conditions, and checked them for our 8+ trust factors checklist. Here’s our top list.
Best MT4 brokers in South Africa for 2020
Below we have compared the features of each MT4 broker, one by one, staring with Hotforex.
Let’s look into the important comparison points of Best MT4 brokers in our list including: spread & other fees, global Top tier regulation(s), account minimum, trading conditions, and 8 other factors.
Ranked #1 MT4 Broker in South Africa
Hotforex is our recommended choice of brokers that offer MT4 trading platform. They are regulated by FSCA, so trading with them is considered safe.
Hotforex provides MT4 as the trading platform with all its accounts. They are regulated and licensed under multiple Top Tier regulators including FSCA, FCA (UK), CySEC.
Their MT4 platform is available on desktop, web & mobile. They offer standard Metatrader, with all features like news, EAs, multiple time frames, scalping & hedging supported on their platform.
However, when it comes to choosing an account, HotForex provides nine different types of accounts, with various options for different trading styles. The minimum deposit required to open an account is R70 (for ZAR accounts) or $5. Their trading fees is low in comparison with most other brokers. And their trading conditions are quite fair, with quick trade execution.
Hotforex provides trading in multiple instruments: Forex, CFDs on commodities, bonds, metal, energies, shares and indices. And their customer support is also good with quick live chat, email support & local phone number.
MetaTrader is a trading platform offered by many forex brokers. MT4 was developed and released by MetaQuotes in 2005.
MetaTrader platform has two versions, the older and most popular MetaTrader 4 (MT4) and the newer and updated version MetaTrader 5 (MT5). Both the versions are trusted and highly used world over by traders for their features.
Due to its popularity, many forex brokers offer it. MetaTrader has features like Expert Advisors (EAs), custom indicators, scripts, charting, technical analysis tools, news feeds, alerts, ability to record and maintains archives. Overall, the interface is fast & quite easy to use for both beginner & advanced traders.
If you are a beginner trader, then Metatrader 4 is probably the best & easiest to understand platform out there. It an optimal and ideal solution for all traders for algorithm trading, manual trading or even copy trading.
1. Wide Usage: MT4 has very wide usage, so there is with extensive documentation & help available on this platform. For Automated traders, the availability of help of MQ4 codebase and articles supported by its developer, MetaQuotes Software Corp. is a good thing. Plus, there are lots of already available scripts, written over the years by many developers.
Plus, due to its high usage, it has lot of educational assistance, the historical data can be archived and the test trading can be done with historical data.
2. Access: MT4 platform is available in Windows operating system, Android and even iOS devices. So you can access it on any device.
3. Multiple features: Some of the special features of MetaTrader are charting tools, support for signals, copy trading, multiple order types, automated trading, back testing and optimizing expert advisors, support for VPNs and cloud for automated trading.
Technical charting tools are available to help you understand the market and also helps to take a calculated risk.
4. Expert Advisors: MT4 has Expert Advisors as a tool, which are basically algorithms used for trade monitoring and action purpose. These algorithms work on specific set parameters and helps a trader in taking better decisions on trade strategies.
Many developers & traders have built their EAs on MT4 for automated trading.
5. Free Demo available at most brokers: MetaTrader is offered by brokers for free. Hence, there is a lot of scope for the beginners to try and understand the tool at no extra cost. It is feasible for both the retail traders and professional traders.
|MT4 Broker||Regulation(s)||EUR/USD Fees||Max. Leverage||Minimum Deposit||Forex Trading Platform(s)||Start Trading|
|Hotforex||FSCA, FCA, CySEC||Average spread of 1.2 pips with Premium account. Raw spread with Zero account.||up to 1:1000||R70 ($5)||MT4 for PC, Mac, Android, iOS, and webtrader.||get started|
|XM Broker||ASIC, CySEC||0.8 pips on average with Ultra Low account||up to 1:888||$5||Metatrader 4 for all devices||get started|
|Avatrade||FSCA, ASIC||Fixed spread of 0.9 pips||up to 1:400||$100||MT4 for web, mobile devices,||get started|
|Tickmill||FCA (UK)||Spread from 1.6 pips with Classic account. Raw floating spread + commission with Pro account.||1:500||$100||MetaTrader 4 for all devices||get started|
|IC Markets||ASIC, CySEC regulated. FSCA (applied)||On average 1.1 pips with Standard account.||1:500||$200||MT4 & MT5 for all devices. Plus cTrader.||get started|
|FXTM||FSCA, FCA, Cysec||2.0 pips on average with Standard account.||1:1000||$5||Multi device support on MetaTrader 4, MetaTrader 5.||get started|
Hotforex is the #1 MT4 FX BrokerVisit